As the news surrounding COVID-19 evolves, our main priority remains the same — to walk alongside our clients in optimizing their journey towards hope and healing. We remain the counseling home for the Denver metro area, and stand with our fellow residents. Our staff is dedicated to helping and supporting you and your family. In order to stay healthy and provide our best care, we’re taking this as an opportunity to let you know our current policies in place.
We are offering both in person and teletherapy sessions for your convenience. Below is the current protocol we’re implementing for your safety in office.
- Please follow social distancing measures when in the office. Clients should be aware that in person sessions are at their own risk and are by their choice.
- Our stance is to continue routine cleaning measures with additional attention and disinfectant to high touch areas. We have hired a professional commercial grade cleaning company to assist as well.
- There will not be more than 10 people in the office at one time (which would be per usual even under typical circumstances).
- We are screening all clients and staff that will be in the office for illness, exposure, and vaccination status.
- Per CDC guidelines, unvaccinated clients and staff are required to wear a mask when meeting in the office.
- When arriving at our center, please wash your hands in the bathrooms or use the hand sanitizer provided.
- Clients will not be charged for cancellations due to illness, as long as they reschedule their appointment.
We are all in this together and we have come a long way in the past year! In closing, there is no right or wrong way to feel about COVID-19. If you have a low level of concern, you are not under-reacting; and, if you are concerned and taking precautions, you are not overreacting. We all will respond differently to this and we want to hold space for you to process it how you need. If at any point between sessions you notice a level of fear or anxiety that is concerning to you or difficult to manage, please reach out to your therapist to access further support.
Sarah Spurlock, MA, LMFT
Owner and Executive Director of Denver Counseling Solutions, LLC